Probably because MacBook is an excellent gadget, therefore, most of them always look forward to stealing the deal. Many of us buy it and really feel excited to own it, and do not even mind to flaunt it. However, you have already purchased one, and now it’s time to name it. No matter, whatever is its name; since it is yours now, it is apparent to offer it a name of your choice. If you know it, it’s okay. But, if you don’t, we will guide you on the steps to follow.
How to Change the Name of Your MacBook Pro and Air?
There are two ways to do it.
- Click Open Up System Preferences in the Apple Menu
- Click “Sharing” folder under the icon “Internet & Wireless placed on the third row of the system preference situated next to the Bluetooth folder
- After clicking sharing, you will find a window popping up. In that window, you will see a Computer Name followed by a field for entry of the name. You will find the current name of the computer appearing there
- Now, you can delete the current name and replace it with the new name of your choice.
It’s as simple. You can do it hassle free by following this method. Else, you may follow another method discussed below.
- Go to “Finder preferences” on the Finder bar of the Apple Menu
- You will find a sidebar at the top of the Finder preferences window. Press it! Go to “Under Devices” preference. You will find a MacBook icon there with the existing name. You can change the name there. Now click the checkbox to find out the devices and servers you want to highlight on the sidebar. Now close the window. You will now see the name of your MacBook appearing in the sidebar of Finder menu.
Isn’t it easy? Just follow this guide to do it conveniently without hassles. I hope the manual seems to be helpful to you. I am sure you will be able to do it on your own. In fact, after getting through with this process, you will also be able to help others in the future, who may be looking to change the name of his/her MacBook, but is clueless, how to do it.
If you like to repair your new or old Apple MacBook Pro/Air then you can call us for instant support.