Getting a CD or DVD stuck in a MacBook is a common error many of us face. At such an instance, the only concern of a Mac owner is to sort out the issue. While some may look for the solution over the net, others may speak to the experts for finding a viable solution.
Hence, the primary aim of the article is to educate people regarding how to remove stuck DVD’s & CD’s from Your MacBook Pro?
After all, if a CD/DVD gets stuck, it is likely to harm your MacBook.
So let’s discuss the solution for the same for maintaining the health of your prized notebook.
Ways to remove a stuck DVD or CD from MacBook: Steps to follow
- Thin cardboard or a piece of paper is needed – Yeah! A big sized piece of paper or cardboard is required so that it can be inserted into to drive quite far so that it can hold it well. Even a DVD cover can serve the purpose. Naturally, you must remove its plastic covering
- Insert a paper of about 2 inches into the disc drive over the CD top. Remember to hold it tight from the outside
- Now it’s time to press the eject button. Let the paper still be inside
- It might happen that the trick may not work in the very first instance, but it helps to hold the notepad so that the drive’s opening faces towards down
- The key is to be patient. Please try it gently so that you do not tear into the drive. Keep on trying this method for a few times in a day, and it may work eventually.
This method may or may not work, and if the problem seems to be grave, it is better to consult a MacBook repair professional to help you get out of the situation.
They are the best people to guide you on the methods to remove a stuck CD and DVD from Mac’s drive.