Having a MacBook Pro but don’t have a clue on how to reset it? No need to worry as this article has been specially dedicated to the readers who are looking for related solutions. Here are a few different ways that can be employed to reset your MacBook Pro. Just follow the one you find to be the easiest.
Let’s start with different kind of methods and a step by step guide on each of them.
How Do I Reset Your MacBook Pro?
Method 1 – NVRAM resetting
- NVRAM (Non-Volatile Random Access Memory) fixing – Find out how to do it? When we speak about NVRAM what comes to our mind is the settings of the stores like the default display, speaker volume and other kinds of settings that are used by MacBook. By resetting an NVRAM the issue can be addressed where the Mac is not playing the sound, and the display of the same is flickering or turning off on its own. The fixing can also be considered if the computer is taking more than the usual time to get started, and other related problems. For your knowledge, on some of the MacBooks, “PRAM” (“Parameter Random-Access Memory”) replaces NVRAM, which is same as NVRAM.
- Go to Apple Menu – Next thing to do is to go to Apple menu and click its logo that appears on the screen’s top-left corner. You will then notice a drop-down menu.
- Then click shut down that appears on the bottom of the drop-down menu
- As soon as you click on shut down, it shutdowns your Mac Pro
- Now its time to reset your NVRAM. To do that hold ⌘ Command, Option ⌥, R and P keys, all together for about 20 seconds
- Now switch on your laptop by clicking the power button
- Now press and hold all the reset keys of NVRAM together before logo of Apple appears. I have mentioned all the four keys names above. But if in case the logo appears before pressing these keys, you need to shut down and redo it.
- Hold continuously until the Mac starts properly
- But if you still feel that the problem exist, please contact the nearest repair service centre.
Method 2 – Battery resetting
- System Management Controller or SMC is what you need to fix for resetting the battery. It contributes to battery’s life and also keeps a check on overheating issues. Along with it speeds up the performance of a MacBook
- For resetting a battery you need to keep a check on SMC related things, like the fans running at very high speed and making a loud sound, battery indicator lights not working in the desired way, the laptop not responding to the start button, battery not getting charged properly or it automatically gets shut down
- To proceed with the same click the Apple menu
- Now click shut down appearing on the drop-down menu
- Your MacBook Pro will now get shut down
- Now connect your Mac to a plugged charger
- Now hold ⌘ Command, ⌥ Option and Shift keys all together along with the Power button for 10 seconds
- It is time to release the keys and restart the Mac. Your battery issues must get resolved by now
By following these methods to reset your MacBook Pro you can achieve your target within the comforts of your home, but if these tricks are not working, then it’s time to give a call to a repair professional for sorting out the real problem.