As MacBook contains no buttons, it becomes really tricky to find out how to actually make a right click on it. Well, there are many ways you can do it. After all, it is not your traditional laptop that involves only one method to do so. So go through this guide for a better overview.
# First Method – By making use of Ctrl Key
- Take your cursor over the word you aim to click. Hold the Ctrl key o keyboard for doing that.
- A right-click menu will pop-up when you hold the control key. Now it’s time to click your targeted word or object.
# Second Method – By making use of two fingers
- Press on Apple menu – Goto System Preferences – Click on Keyboard and Mouse
- Now go to the Trackpad tab – click on Trackpad Gestures – Check Tap trackpad by making use of two fingers as a secondary click. This enables right click for you with the help of your two fingers
- Point to note – Labeling may vary from one OD X version to another. In the earlier version, the box will be labelled as “Secondary click.”
Now its time to click on whatever you want by placing the cursor over it. For making a right-click press two of your fingers on the trackpad. It will result in the opening of right-click menu.
#Third Method – By making use of an n external mouse
- It is is a common method that can be applied as in other laptops and computers. So, if you want to use it, get it now
- Make use of a two-buttoned mouse, or the one having a capability of two-buttons. Either a window mouse or a Mac branded mouse will well serve your purpose. If you want to pick MacBook’s Magic Mouse, you can find the option of a secondary click in the system preferences section. By enabling it, you will be able to perform the desired action.
To use a mouse, you just need to connect it to your MacBook’s USB or you can also connect it through Bluetooth. It’s as simple!
MacBook might appear to be a complicated device in certain circumstances, but it is not that tricky though. You need to make a considerable amount of research to perform the desired actions in a right way. Overall, it is a fantastic computer that offers terrific user- experience.
Now when you are aware of three different methods to make a Right-click on your MacBook, you will be able to do it with ease.